Tag Archives: C#

Using the Wuala API .net wrapper for quick in-folder search

An interesting question that came up to me was how to implement a quick, efficient in-folder search engine with the .net wrapper. Of course, by it’s nature this isn’t a given feature and because you’d have to enumerate through all … Continue reading

Posted in Blog | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Wrapper Release

Gee. I didn’t get around to post this but the stable wrapper v. 0.0.1.0 has been released onto Wuala. Changes include the latest adjustments to the API (doesn’t include the changes to the thumbnail method, as this came later) and … Continue reading

Posted in Blog | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Wrapper for Wuala’s API

As many Wuala users have probably noticed, there is an official group for the upcoming Wuala API available. Yes, the documentation for the alpha API is out and I’ve been busy implementing the specs into an easy-to-use .net assembly for … Continue reading

Posted in Blog | Tagged , | Leave a comment

HDParm Service: Automatically disable spindown on Vista

Update 08-28-2008: This post has moved to it’s own subpage. There you’ll find an updated version that should fix the wake issue.

Posted in Blog | Tagged , , | 9 Comments

Nemo

Can’t really tell how I’ve managed to overlook this great program 🙂 . Nemo is a file manager without… well… it’s more like a calendar actually… but with files. Hard to explain but very fitting to keep track of my … Continue reading

Posted in Blog | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Temporarily register fonts using a normal User account

As you may know Windows is quite stiff sometimes. You can’t add additional font directories like you’d do on Unix. Another stiffy problem is that Windows requires an elevated account for operations like installing/removing fonts from the system. That’s quite … Continue reading

Posted in Blog | Tagged , | 28 Comments

Winforms in Mono

I hope I don’t have to emphatize how much of a Mono fanboy I am at this point 🙂 . Today I had one of these “Wow” moments Microsoft wanted me to give with Vista (they failed miserably, btw) when … Continue reading

Posted in Blog | Tagged , | Leave a comment

Monodevelop no longer broken

Yeah, I don’t really know what’s different now. A fresh checkout from trunk, a quick compile and Monodevelop is back in action. It is actually the first version I’m using in a long time, I’ll try to get a little … Continue reading

Posted in Blog | Tagged , , | Leave a comment